I've been very impressed with your work this semester. You've done some good thinking and reflection on the health of your soul. Frankly, though, we've only begun to scratch the surface. That means that there is a lot more work to be done if we are going to move forward as healthy people.
In this final assignment I want you to develop a Soul Plan (sometimes called a "rule of life"). A Soul Plan is simply a schedule for the planned maintenance of the stream (to borrow John Ortberg's metaphor). From this point forward, what are you going to do
- on a daily basis,
- a weekly basis,
- a monthly basis,
- a seasonal basis,
- and an annual basis
I want you to create a plan. You can do it any way that you want. Perhaps it will be a poster than you'll hang on your wall. Or maybe it will be a spread-sheet. Or perhaps you'll have some other creative way of crafting your plan. Be creative but make sure that your work of art fully communicates what you intend to do. Your grade will be based on how well you process the idea and come up with your own plan (don't copy someone else's). I might even throw in a few extra points for playfulness and creativity.
Send me a digital picture of the final result. Here is a picture of a plan from RuleOfLife.com (click on the picture for a bigger view). You can read through that website with all of its links if you'd like more ideas, inspiration, or guidance. And if you're stuck (or if you just want to hear my voice again), I'd be happy to talk with you, too.
Send your assignment to me at bboydston@piu.edu. Attach the picture of your Soul Plan to the email.


No comments:
Post a Comment